SIGNIFICANT progress has been made in preparations for the murder trial involving Gerard Baden-Clay with the former realtor's legal team receiving 446 witness statements.
But the defence is still waiting on five important statements, including two crucial accounts from principal police investigators.
Baden-Clay is accused of murdering his wife, Allison, in April at or near their Brookfield home and dumping her body on a creek bed.
The case was mentioned in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday morning where the prosecution revealed the progress of the highly-publicised case.
Prosecutor Danny Boyle said the bulk of the evidence, which was more "voluminous" than the prosecution initially thought, had been handed to the defence.
He said an analysis of Baden-Clay's financial records had not been completed but should be done by September 14.
The prosecution is still waiting on a report from a forensic pathologist after test results were received from Western Australia only last week.
The prosecution outlined that should be ready by the end of the week.
There also has been a delay in the results of an examination of 32 computer and phone exhibits, believed to be seized from Baden-Clay's home and office.
The prosecution said the report would not be ready until later this month.
The delay in the evidence aroused concern in Magistrate Chris Callaghan who questioned why the defence had not received everything.
"(That is) the idea of that material being given so they (defence) can conduct an analysis in a timely way instead of waiting and waiting and waiting..." the magistrate said.
The magistrate said the evidence should have been finalised in August.
The case was adjourned until September 24.
Baden-Clay did not appear.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.