ARE we the lucky region?
A 62-year-old concretor is the latest lucky Fraser Coast resident to take out a multi million dollar win, this time from a game of Keno.
The 62-year-old, known as Swervin' Mervin at the pub, said he had been playing Keno since the game started in Queensland 19 years ago, and had taken home small wins - $800 or $900 - in the past.
But it's not the first big win for the region.
OTHER BIG WINS ON THE FRASER COAST
1. It was a dream come true for one lucky Hervey Bay family, who won $1.3 million in a Gold Lotto draw in August. The superdraw was worth $20 million and the family's private syndicate entry netted them the prize.
The retired Hervey Bay grandparents who won the $70 million are looking forward to helping family, giving to charity and travel after their hugely lucky win.
3. A Maryborough retiree won $667,992.97 playing Gold Lotto in January 2015.
4. Hervey Bay residents claimed $1.4 million after winning Gold Lotto in May 2014
5. Lucky Hervey Bay resident who bought their ticket on a whim, nursed sore heads after they spent Sunday night celebrating the news everybody dreams of hearing.
6. A Maryborough man won $1,060,000 in April 2011
A Maryborough man won $1,060,000 in April 2011