HEALTH is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
Check out the seniors portal - healthy aging section at www.seniors.gov.au where you will find tips and ideas to keep your mind and body healthy and active.
Healthinsite provides links to a wide range of up-to-date and quality assessed information on important health topics.
- Healthy aging provides ongoing activities and behaviours you can undertake to reduce the risk of illness and disease and increase your physical, emotional and mental health.
- Health services provides a range of services that cater to the special needs of veterans, indigenous Australians, those from multilingual backgrounds and people in rural and remote areas.
- Medical services has a wide range of government and non-government medical services available for Australians over 50.
- Condition management describes how to deal with health issues to ensure a continued and increased level of health and well-being.
- Preventative care programs and services focus on the prevention, early detection and early treatment of health conditions
- Emotionally healthy people have learned of ways of coping with their emotional problems and know when to seek help.
- Hobbies and interests covers the more popular hobbies and interests for Australians over 50, from gourmet cooking to sports coaching, with general information and relevant links for each topic and subject. Crafts featured in this section include decoupage, sewing, hand knitting, crochet and embroidery.
- There is an extensive range of websites available that provide book reviews, clubs, and spoken wordbooks to varying levels of expertise and knowledge.
- Genealogy is becoming a popular interest made easier with the advent of the internet.
- Gardening and environment With such a wonderful diversity of native plants and environments, Australia is a great place for gardening of all sorts.
- The positive benefits of participation in sports and outdoors recreation activities to both health of mind and body are endless.
- You can exercise to it, sleep to it, relax to it, listen to it, make it, watch it being performed, dance to it, be inspired by it, write it and perform it.
- There is an extensive range of online resources dedicated to fine dining, wine and the art of cooking.