News

Girl gets shocked by lightning while sheltering in loos

A 17-YEAR-OLD girl got an electric shock after taking shelter in public toilets on Charlton Esplanade, Scarness on Friday night.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the girl was near a metal sink when she felt the shock about 7.30pm.

It is believed the shock came from a bolt of lightning hitting the ground.

He said she had tingling sensations and was taken to hospital.

The girl had taken cover in the public toilets in Scarness and was waiting for the storm to blow over.

She was taken to Hervey Bay Hospital and was in a stable condition.

Topics:  editors picks, hervey bay, lightning, scarness, storm, wildweather




Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Mum, 20, goes on hospital rampage

court generic

The women kicked, punched, bit and spat on health workers.

Amber Heard divorcing Johnny Depp, days after his mum died

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard apologise for not declaring their dogs Pistol and Boo during a stay on the Gold Coast last year.

Amber Heard has filed for divorce from Johnny Depp

Home and Away star to make appearance at All Ability Ball

ABBA Live will be putting on a performance on the the night.

This year's ball will be held on Saturday, July 23

Latest deals and offers

Sale nears on last large block of land in Coolum

The 43.37ha property on South Coolum Rd has sold.

South Coolum Rd property to be land banked

Caloundra’s former Centrepoint Buffet site up for sale

FOR SALE: The home of the old Centrepoint Buffet

Restaurant fined for unhygienic practices closed months ago