AS FANS threatened to boycott Tuesday night's My Kitchen Rules grand final, former winner Dan Mulheron slammed allegations the show was staged.
While millions of Aussies were still expected to tune-in to the popular Seven Network cooking show, many fans were said to be disheartened by claims published in Woman's Day that cast members were scripted and helped by professional chefs.
Hervey Bay's resident celebrity chef, who won the competition last year with wife Steph, rejected allegations of compulsory cooking classes and contestants being made to read from scripts, as "absolute nonsense".
"When I read that part in particular I thought 'you are kidding'. Anyone that knows us knows that no one was going to get us to read a script," Dan said.
Claims by the magazine were said to come from "on-set spies" and also mentioned that professional chefs were brought in during finals to prepare duplicate meals for judging.
"That was the most bizarre one for us because all the other teams are present on the day of the final cook-off and all the family and friends are sitting in the grandstand," he said.
"The food gets plated and taken straight to everyone to taste.
"We're all there, we all see it happen.
"We plated 20 meals.
"People saw us cooking it, they saw it go from the oven to the plate to the people eating it."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.