A CRAIGNISH mother-of-three resuscitated a tiny puppy that stopped breathing in a dramatic rescue on Monday night.
Julieanne Reid said she'd seen the technique on TV and knew CPR from her first aid training.
"I'd seen it somewhere like Bondi Vet or something," she said.
Her children Scott, 17, and Lily, 14, were worried when their day-old puppy stopped breathing about 8.30pm.
"It was the most bizarre thing I've ever done, giving compressions and blowing air into his face," Mrs Reid said.
Scott said the delivery of two puppies was unexpected, with their 11-year- old red cattle dog-jack russell cross giving birth for the first time while they were away.
Lily said the family was taking turns to feed the smallest pup, Teddy, who wasn't feeding naturally.
"We've been giving him warm goat's milk every few hours through a dropper," she said.
"I could hardly believe Mum was giving him mouth-to-mouth.
"The family was trying not to cry, but by the end I was trying not to laugh."
New mother, Rennie, and her pups were doing well on Tuesday.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.