"STRONG disciplinary action" has been taken against students involved in a video of a child being thrown to the ground and repeatedly punched at Hervey Bay High, Education Queensland has confirmed.
Footage of a boy being attacked as apparent "retribution" for an earlier altercation, first aired by the Chronicle on Tuesday, has since made national news.
North Coast regional director of the Department of Education Tracy Corsbie condemned the sharing of images as "socially irresponsible" but made "no apologies" for the "hard line" taken against those involved.
The Chronicle understands all were suspended.
Sergeant Melonie Geck said the school-based police liaison officer had been contacted but no charges had been laid as an official complaint was not made.
She said students needed to be aware that violence on school grounds could result in criminal charges and ultimately, a court date.
Urangan High principal Linda Buxton also confirmed a teenager, who stabbed a fellow student several weeks ago and was subject to police action, had been dealt with under the Responsible Behaviour Management Plan.
Describing the attack as a "rare and isolated incident", Ms Buxton said the school did not "tolerate or condone violence in any way, shape or form".