TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Fraser Coast Chronicle – Celebrate Australia Day
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Contestants must be Australian residents who reside within the Fraser Coast Chronicle distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants under the age of 18 years at the time of entry must have parent or legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- The Promoter is Maryborough Hervey Bay Newspaper Co. Pty Ltd, 131 Bazaar Street, Maryborough Qld 4650 ABN: 24 009 656 768.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the Fraser Coast Chronicle newspaper Monday, Wednesday and Friday between Monday January 4, 2016 and Monday January 18, 2016 (Promotion Period).
- The entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form must be completed in full; then
- deliver entries to: 131 Bazaar Street, Maryborough Qld 4650; or 2a, 7 Central Avenue, Central Plaza, Pialba Qld 4655 and place entries in box marked: Celebrate Australia Day;
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry.
- Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering entries.
- There will be One (1) winner chosen by random draw.
- One (1) Fraser Coast Chronicle branded Marquee (3m x 3m), including frame, top, 3 sidewalls, pegs, ropes and a carry bag.
- Individual retail value is $110.00 (inclusive of GST).
- One (1) Puma Beach Cricket Set consisting of: 2 plastic cricket bats, 2 plastic stumps, 2 plastic bases, 2 balls and a carry bag.
- Individual retail value is $60.00 (inclusive of GST).
- Winners must collect their prize by 5:00pm Friday January 29, 2016. Uncollected prizes will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw, with a random draw at Fraser Coast Chronicle office, Tuesday February 2, 2016 at 10:00am.
- Redraw winner will be notified by telephone.
- The total maximum retail value of the prizes is $170.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any Variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Monday January 4, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm (AEST) Monday January 18, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected in a random draw at the Fraser Coast Chronicle office, 2a, 7 Central Avenue, Central Plaza, Pialba Qld 4655 at 10:00am (AEST) Tuesday January 19, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be published in the Fraser Coast Chronicle newspaper on Thursday January 21, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person unless Winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian to collect their prize. All prizes (other than specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
22. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
23. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
24. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
25. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts nor affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
26. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
27. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
29. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.