Terms and Conditions – Discover your Fraser Coast Chronicle tablet giveaway (“Promotion”)
The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd (ABN 21 009 657 943) of Cnr Mayne Road & Campbell Street, Bowen Hills QLD 4006;. Telephone number (07) 3327 3400.
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and anything else that refers to this Promotion, these terms and conditions will prevail.
Who can enter?
- Entry is open to all residents of Queensland who are over the age of 18 years who register and attend the Discover your Fraser Coast Chronicle event on Tuesday 11 August 2020 held at The Boat Club, Buccaneer Drive Urangan QLD 4655.
- Directors, contractors and employees (and immediate families) of the Promoter and of companies, suppliers and agencies associated with the Promotion are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. If a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
- Promotion opens at 9:00am on 11/08/20 and closes at 12:00pm on 11/08/20 AEST (Promotion Period). Entries must be received by the Promoter in the Promotion Period.
- All entries are deemed received at the time of receipt by the Promoter not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, ineligible, incomplete or corrupted entries or delays in the delivery of entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account are invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
- Entrants can enter by:
- Attending the Discover your Fraser Coast Chronicle event and completing the online entry form in accordance with the instructions on the website.
- Entrants must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion
- submit an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions;
- use multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register multiple qualifying purchases or use any form of software or third-party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) except where expressly permitted in these terms and conditions;
- use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability; or
- engage in conduct in entering the Promotion which, in the opinion of Promoter, is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
If an entrant is found to have breached these terms and conditions including this clause, the entrant will be disqualified so that they will have all their entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached these terms and conditions, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if these terms and conditions have been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm or deny its suspicions in this regard and any failure to provide such requested documentation to the Promoter on request gives Promoter the right to disqualify the entrant. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from any offender are reserved.
Number of Entries permitted
- Only one entry per person. Maximum of one prize will be awarded per person.
Draw and Notification of winner
- The winner will be the first valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by APN Newspapers Pty Ltd by random computer selection at 9:00am on Tuesday 18 August 2020 at Cnr Mayne Road & Campbell Street, Bowen Hills QLD 4006.
- If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
- The winner/s will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the draw. Winner/s of prizes will be published using their first initial, surname and postcode on the Fraser Coast Chronicle website approximately 24 hours after the draw and will remain on the website for a minimum of 30 days.
- Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the winning entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
- If an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, entrant must notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be sent to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
- Individual prize value is up to $249.00 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $747.00 (including GST) as at 15/06/2020. Three (3) winners will receive a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0”.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based on the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these terms and conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs in relation to the taking of the prize, to any media or other organisation, without the Promoter’s prior written consent. Photographs will be allowed to be taken only at the discretion of the Promoter and the prize provider.
Further Terms and Conditions
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- If the prize includes attendance at an event which is cancelled for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter, including due to pandemic or epidemic or illness of a performer, the Promoter reserves the right to take action under either of the previous two clauses.
- The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- In consideration of the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the goods and services of any of them or the advertising or marketing of any of them, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee.
Limitation of Liability
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s (including without limitation due to attendance at an event or travel undertaken when there is any current health warning, epidemic or pandemic declared which would apply to or could be considered to impact, effect or apply to the relevant event or travel) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
Entry details and privacy