TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Fraser Coast Chronicle - Awesome April Giveaway
- The Promoter is the Maryborough Hervey Bay Newspaper Co. Pty Ltd, 131 Bazaar Street, Maryborough, Queensland 4650. ABN 24 009 656 768. Telephone number: 07 4120 0410.
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Queensland residents and reside in the Fraser Coast Chronicle distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be 18 years and over to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- To enter, Contestants must collect and complete the original entry form published in the Fraser Coast Chronicle between April 4, 2017 and Friday April 28, 2017.
- The entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or any other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Place the fully completed entry coupon in an envelope and addressed to Fraser Coast Chronicle – Awesome April Giveaway; then:
Send to: PO Box 216, Maryborough Qld 4650; or
PO Box 217, Hervey Bay Qld 4655; or
Deliver to: 131 Bazaar Street, Maryborough Qld 4650; or
Shop 2A, 7 Central Plaza, Pialba Qld 4655.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 14).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however there is only one prize.
- One original entry per standard envelope.
- While entry is free, the cost of delivery and postage of entries is the responsibility of the individual contestant.
- The competition commences on Monday April 4, 2017 and closes at 4:00pm AEST Friday April 28, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid and will not be entered in the competition.
- There is one (1) major prize winner and six (6) Runner Up prize winners.
- Major Prize will receive:
- A Panasonic 55” 4K Ultra HD Smart TV; and
- 2 Klarkson Fabric Lounge Recliners both Jet Grey in colour.
- Major Prize package valued at RRP $3,699.00 (Incl. of GST).
Runner Up prize winners will receive:
- 1 of 6 Lenovo TAB 2 A10 Android Tablets, RRP $228.00 each
- Runner Up prize pool is valued at $ 1,368.00 (incl. of GST).
- The Major Prize winner will be provided with a prize letter to redeem their prize from Harvey Norman, 33 – 45 Maryborough Hervey Bay Road, Hervey Bay Qld 4655.
- All runner up prize winners must collect their prize from the Fraser Coast Chronicle office.
- All winners must collect their prizes from Fraser Coast Chronicle by 3:00pm AEST Tuesday May 16, 2017 or prizes will be redrawn (see Clause 32 and 33).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $5,067.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Recommended Retail Price. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable because of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether they live in the same household or not).
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via a random draw at the Fraser Coast Chronicle office, 2a/7 Central Avenue, Pialba Qld 4655 at 9:00am AEST Tuesday May 2, 2017 with the Major Prize drawn first then Runner Up prize draws in that order. Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- The winner’s details will be published in Fraser Coast Chronicle Public Notices on Thursday May 4, 2017.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes that remain uncollected at 3:00pm AEST Tuesday May 16, 2017 will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and conditions on Tuesday May 16, 2017 at 4:00pm AEST.
- The redraw will take place at the Fraser Coast Chronicle office, 2a/7 Central Avenue Pialba QLD. Redraw winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Prizes must be claimed in person by the winner from the Fraser Coast Chronicle office unless the winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residency.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
37. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
38. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
39. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss because of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, about the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
40. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
42. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.