Paws, Claws & Tails is a dog obedience club opening in Gatton in 2020 and is offering dog obedience training and puppy pre-school group classes.
Services include; dog obedience training classes (including obedience, house manners and leash ettiquette), dog behaviour shaping (planning ways to help your dog overcome behavioural issues such as barking, chewing, digging, escaping, anxiety, aggression etc) as well as puppy socialisation and training (including basic obedience training).
Our goal is training confident and well-rounded dogs that are good citizens of society and the local community. Classes are a lot of fun for both you and your pup. And we're not just training your dog, we're teaching you how to train your dog!
There are four class levels in the general dog obedience program: 1. Starter (all obedience work is done on standard lead, verbal cues are not requirement to progress to Intermediate 1 and dog can be physically assisted by handler) 2. Intermediate 1 (all obedience commands are verbal - requirement to progress to Intermediate 2, no physical assistance from handler) 3. Intermediate 2 (introduction to hand signals and increasing distance) 4. Advanced (all obedience commands can be done by either hand signal or verbal cue and at a distance - introduction to off lead work).
At Paws, Claws & Tails you can train your dog to what ever level you want (You only pay for the levels you want to do). Even just taking part in the Starter Class course will turn an out of control dog into a easy to manage pet. The Starter Class is a set 8 week course (almost like a crash course) designed to get all dogs to the same level. You can then progress through the remaining classes at your own pace.
What your dog should know by then end of the 8 Week Starter Course:
- sit (whilst on lead / off lead for more advanced courses)
- drop (whilst on lead) - stand (whilst on lead)
- go to his/her bed - go into his/her crate (optional)
- leave it / give it
- food refusal (to food found on the ground or offered by strangers)
- dog to dog interaction (how to properly meet another dog) - ignore other dogs (unless told that they can go and say hello)
- recall (on leash for the starter course / off leash for the advanced course)
- tolerance to being left alone
- wait at gates and doors (don't rush through)
- settle quickly after play time
- stand for veterinary examination
- give you focus when instructed - to go to his bed when someone knocks on the door or rings the door bell
and much more...
As your dog progresses through each level, the pressure and distraction level will be increased thus increasing your dogs overall obedience and reliability. This is ultimately is what builds reliability and focus in distracting situations.
What you (as the handler) will learn as you train your dog with Paws, Claws & Tails:
- how to display calm-assertive leadership
- how to socialise your dog to different sights, sounds and situations
- how to curb bad habits before they start
- the benefits of crate training your pup (if you choose not to crate train your dog you can still train your dogs with Paws, Claws & Tails
- how to raise a well behaved dog and much more...
Book your free first timers session today!