Terms and Conditions: Fraser Coast Chronicle – Great Train Journey Giveaway
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Please note: Contestants personal information provided for this competition may be shared with Hervey Bay Travel and Transit Centre for promotional and marketing purposes.
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must collect from the Fraser Coast Chronicle, the entry form which is published on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the Fraser Coast Chronicle commencing September 28, 2015.
The entry form must be original newsprint.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
The entry form must be completed and placed in an envelope marked Fraser Coast Chronicle – Great Train Journey Giveaway, with your full name and address clearly marked on the back and then:
- Send to: PO Box 216, Maryborough QLD 4650 (so it is received before the closing date/time); or
- Send to: PO Box 217, Pialba Qld 4655; or
- Deliver to: 131 Bazaar Street, Maryborough Qld 4650; or
- Shop 2a/7 Central Avenue, Pialba Qld 4655; or
- Hervey Bay Travel & Transit Centre, Shop 1, Stockland Hervey Bay Shopping Centre, 6 Central Avenue, Pialba Qld 4655.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry.
- One (1) original entry form per standard envelope.
2. Prizes: Prize must be collected by the Winner no later than 4:00pm (AEST) Friday November 20, 2015.
- One (1) Voucher for two (2) people for Gold Service Tickets for travel on The Ghan, Adelaide to Darwin one way; or Indian Pacific Sydney to Perth.
- Both trips are one way only.
- Prize value is based on two (2) Gold Service Tickets (Sleeper Adult Fares) on The Indian Pacific or The Ghan (trips stipulated above).
- Does not include travel to or from the start or end points of the chosen journey.
- Does not include accommodation or touring.
- The voucher is not valid for use with group bookings.
- The prize must be redeemed via Voucher from Hervey Bay Travel & Transit Centre;
- Bookings can only be made within 120 days of travel.
- Bookings are subject to yield restrictions and may not be available on all dates.
- The Voucher is valid for travel prior to March 31, 2016.
- If the prize is not taken by the validity date, the prize will be forfeited.
- The prize is non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Blackout periods apply:
- The Ghan: blackouts apply in June, July and August
- The Indian Pacific: blackouts apply in September and October.
- The Voucher is not valid for use on The Ghan Expedition or special event trains;
- Cannot be transferred to another service.
The Voucher is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Employees and Relatives of Hervey Bay Travel & Transit Centre who are directly associated with this competition.
- Total maximum retail value of the prize for this competition is $5,378.00 (inclusive of GST).
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Monday September 28, 2015 and closes at 5:00pm (AEST) October 30, 2015 (closure date/time). Entries received after the closing date/time will not be eligible.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants must be aged 18 years and over to enter this competition. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i)Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii)Employees and Relatives of Hervey Bay Travel & Transit Centre who are directly associated with this competition.
(iii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iv) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be selected in a random draw at 3:00pm (AEST) at Fraser Coast Chronicle Hervey Bay office on Monday November 2, 2015 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be notified by telephone. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner’s details will be published in the Fraser Coast Chronicle Public Notices on Thursday November 5, 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm the collection of their prize. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
7. Uncollected Prize Draw: If the prize remains uncollected at 4:00pm (AEST), Friday November 20, 2015, a random redraw will be undertaken at the Fraser Coast Chronicle Hervey Bay office, Shop 2a/7 Central Avenue, Pialba Qld 4655 at 10:00am (AEST) Monday November 23, 2015. The winner will be contacted by telephone.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: Maryborough Hervey Bay Newspaper Co. Pty Ltd ACN: 009 656 768