Terms and Conditions
Hervey Bay Observer – Bigscreen Cinemas Hervey Bay Ticket Competition
- The Promoter is the Maryborough Hervey Bay Newspaper Co. Pty Ltd, 131 Bazaar Street, Maryborough, Queensland 4650. ABN 24 009 656 768. Telephone number: 07 4120 0437.
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Queensland residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants under the age of 18 years at the time of entry must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the original entry form published in the Hervey Bay Observer on Thursday March 16, 2017.
- The entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web or digital prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Postal entries must be fully completed and placed in an envelope and addressed to Hervey Bay Observer – Bigscreen Cinemas Hervey Bay Ticket Competition; then:
- Send to: PO Box 217, Pialba Q 4655 or
- Deliver to 2a/7 Central Avenue, Pialba Qld 4655
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 14).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however there is only one prize.
- One original entry per standard envelope.
- While entry is free, the cost of delivery and postage of entries is the responsibility of the individual contestant.
- The competition commences on Thursday March 16, 2017 and closes at 12:00pm AEST Tuesday March 21, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the promotion period will be deemed invalid.
- Two (2) winners will be drawn randomly and will each receive:
- Two (2) tickets to Bigscreen Cinemas Hervey Bay to see the film Beauty and the Beast, RRP $15.00 per ticket (inclusive of GST).
- The winners must collect their tickets by 4:30pm AEST Thursday April 6, 2017 or tickets will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw (see Clause 30).
- Winners should contact Bigscreen Cinemas for show times and terms and conditions of use.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $60.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected via a random draw at the Hervey Bay office, 2A/7 Central Avenue Pialba Qld 4655 at 12:05pm AEST Tuesday March 21, 2017 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in the Hervey Bay Observer newspaper on Thursday March 23, 2017.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person unless the winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian to collect the prize on their behalf.
- Prizes that remain uncollected will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw on Friday April 7, 2017 at 9:00am AEST and further winners drawn as per these terms and conditions.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winners to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
32. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
33. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
34. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
35. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
37. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.