Terms and Conditions
APN ARM – The Saturday Lotto $22 Million Superdraw Competition
1. These terms and conditions relate to The Saturday Lotto $22 Million Superdraw Competition (Competition).
2. The promoter of the Competition is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 (ABN 21 009 657 943), 07 3327 3404 (Promoter). Competition authorised under Permit NSW/LTPS/16/04097.
3. By entering The Saturday Lotto $22 Million Superdraw Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
4. Contestants must live within the Newspaper distribution area they are entering through and register their details on their Newspaper website (listed at clause 12).
5. Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
6. Contestants must be 18 years and over to be eligible.
7. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to the Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
8. To enter, Contestants must go on-line at their local newspaper website (see listing) to register their details in full, commencing 12:00am Thursday May 26, 2016.
9. The on-line entry form must be completed in full to be eligible.
10. Contestants may submit more than one entry, however can only win one (1) Prize.
11. There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
12. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
13. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
14. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
15. Major Prize: There is one (1) Major Prize winner randomly selected from across all entries received by all 12 listed newspaper mastheads. The winner will receive:
• One (1) Saturday Lotto System 19 Entry for the $22 Million Superdraw
(Draw 3643) on June 18, 2016, retail value $19,275.95 (inclusive of GST).
16. Minor Prizes: There are 12 Minor Prizes (one per listed newspaper masthead). Each of the 12 Minor Prize winners will receive:
• b) One (1) Saturday Lotto System 12 Entry for the $22 Million Superdraw (Draw 3643) on June 18, 2016, retail value $656.45 each (inclusive of GST).
• The total maximum retail value of the Minor Prizes prize pool is $7,877.40 (inclusive of GST).
• Winners must collect their prize from the Newspaper site they entered through by no later than 9:00am (AEST) Wednesday June 15, 2016.
• Prizes that remain uncollected will be placed into an uncollected prize redraw at 10:00am (AEST) Wednesday June 15, 2016 at APN Newspapers, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley, Qld 4006 and redrawn from remaining entries at each Masthead.
• Redraw Prizes that remain uncollected by redraw prize winners at 5:00pm (AEST) Friday June 17, 2016 will be forfeited.
• Prizes are only valid for the Saturday Lotto $22 Million Superdraw (Draw 3643) on June 18, 2016.
• Prizes that are lost or stolen by or from the winner will not be replaced.
The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $27,153.35 (inclusive of GST).
17. All Prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
18. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
19. Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
20. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
21. The competition commences at 12:00am (AEST) on Thursday May 26, 2016 and closes at 11:59pm Sunday June 12, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
22. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
• Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
• The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
• Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
23. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
24. The prize winners will be selected in an electronic random draw at the APN Newspaper office, Level 5, 100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 commencing at 10:00am (AEST) Monday June 13, 2016 and Prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone and email.
25. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. Winners will be published in each of the 12 newspaper public notices section on Wednesday June 15, 2016 (please see listing at clause 29).
27. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
28. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
29. Winners will be published in the following newspapers:
• Daily Examiner (Grafton)
• Gympie Times (Gympie)
• QT (Queensland Times) (Ipswich)
• Northern Star (Lismore)
• Sunshine Coast Daily (Maroochydore)
• The Chronicle (Toowoomba)
• Warwick Daily News (Warwick)
• NewsMail (Bundaberg)
• Fraser Coast Chronicle (Maryborough/Hervey Bay)
• Gladstone Observer (Gladstone)
• Daily Mercury (Mackay)
• The Morning Bulletin (Rockhampton)
30. Prizes must be claimed in person and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm their identity, date of birth and residence.
31. Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
32. All Prizes must be collected by the dates specified in Prize Section to remain valid.
33. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
34. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for Prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
35. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
36. The Promoter does not guarantee any prizes will be won on any of the Saturday Lotto
$22 Million Superdraw (Draw 3643) Entries provided as Prizes in the Competition.
37. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
38. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
40. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.
41. Contestants who wish to opt out of the competition prior to the close date, must write to The Promoter at the address shown in Clause 2.