Royal commission into abuse returns to Brisbane next week

QUEENSLANDERS who experienced childhood sex abuse in an institution will have the chance to tell their stories when the royal commission returns to Brisbane next week.

Royal Commission CEO Janette Dines said there had been a strong response from people interested in attending private sessions.

She said more than 326 people had already given accounts and the commission expected to hear from at least 850 more by the end of the year.

Private sessions have been held Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne and sessions are currently scheduled in Darwin and Tasmania.

The next Queensland sessions start on Monday.

Details are available at http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au



Qld's $54 billion opportunity

Qld's $54 billion opportunity

Can Queensland make the most of changing global economy

Accused Fraser Coast sexual predator dies

Accused Fraser Coast sexual predator dies

His charges will be dismissed.

Meet the region's newest nurses through USC

Meet the region's newest nurses through USC

13 nursing students graduated from the campus.

Local Partners