A close call
EARLY Thursday morning I woke up and found myself in hospital with needles in my arm and lots of electrodes stuck to my body.
After the shock wore off, my family and neighbours told me what had transpired the previous night.
I went to bed around 10pm Wednesday night and felt fine.
My neighbour heard me banging and crashing around the house from about 11pm onwards. At around 3am Thursday morning my 10-year-old son woke to find me sitting on his bedroom floor trying to pick things out of the carpet.
He witnessed other unusual behaviour from me and decided that something was wrong.
He woke his eight-year-old sister and rang 000 from my iPhone.
The ambulance arrived and took my two children and me to the Hervey Bay Hospital where I was placed in the resuscitation ward.
For years I have been taking four different types of medication for various health issues.
However, not all of these medications were prescribed by the same doctor.
It turns out that over time the culmination of all these medications gave my body an overdose and I suffered a severe drug reaction.