Anzac Day services and road closures on the Fraser Coast
Dawn service: The form-up for the dawn service in Hervey Bay will start from 5am in front of the RSL Club, Torquay Rd, with step-off at 5.15am.
The service will start when all marchers are assembled in Freedom Park, about 5.25am.
The main march will form-up in the Hunter St car parks at the rear of Woolworths from 8.45am, with step-off at 9.15am.
The service will commence once all marchers are assembled in Freedom Park.
Anyone wishing to lay a wreath at the main service should contact the Sub-Branch office with details on 4197 7477.
Two-Up and Crown and Anchor will run from 1pm in Hervey House at the RSL Club. These games are run by the Hervey Bay Old Salts' Group, with proceeds being donated to charity.
The club is open for normal business from this time.
Phone the Hervey Bay RSL Sub-Branch on 4197 7477, email email@example.com or visit www.herveybayrslsubbranch.com.au
Dawn parade and service: March assembly at Adelaide St at 5.15am for 5.30am step-off.
Service at 5.45am at the Cenotaph, Queens Park.
Main parade and service: March assembly at Adelaide St at 8.30am for 9am step-off.
Service at the Cenotaph, Queens Park.
8am to 8.30am parade marches to Burrum Heads Cenotaph, Burrum Heads Rd; service starts 8.30am.
Dawn service: 4.20am at the Cenotaph. Poppy laying: 5.30am at the cemetery. Second service: 7.30am at the CWA Hall, Steley St, march to cenotaph.
Dawn Service: 6am at the Toogoom Cenotaph, Toogoom Rd, followed by a Gunfire Breakfast in the Community Hall.
Dawn Service: 5.50am at River Heads Community Hall, Ariadne St. Gunfire Breakfast for a gold coin donation.
Dawn service: 5.40am at the Tinana War Memorial, Gympie Rd.
Dawn Service: 6am at Memorial Gardens, Mayne St.
Service: 11am at Miva CWA Hall, 1186 Miva Rd. Light supper after.
Dawn service: 6am at the new memorial on Market Alley followed by Gunfire brekkie.
Dawn service: 8.45am assembly, 9am start at War Memorial, Smith Crst.
Second service: 11.30am at Memorial Bridge, Brooweena-Woolooga Rd. Bring picnic lunch and stay after service.
Anzac Day parade road closures, Hervey Bay
(3.30am to 12pm on Monday April 25)
• Road closures commence at 3:30am involving Main Street from Old Maryborough Road to Hunter Street, Torquay Road, Charles Street and Hillyard Street, Pialba
• Parade line up at 4:00 am on Torquay Road outside RSL for step off at 4:15 am
Hervey Bay Morning Service
• Road closures commence at 8:30 am involving Main Street from Old Maryborough Road to Hunter Street, Torquay Road, Charles Street and Hillyard Street, Pialba
• Parade line up at 8:45 am at Woolworths Carpark, Hunter Street, Pialba. Step off at 9:15 am from Hunter Street to Cenotaph at Freedom Park, Main Street, Pialba
Please be patient and consider varying your route.
Anzac Day parade road closures, Maryborough
(4:00am and finish 11:00am on Monday April 25)
• Adelaide Street between Alice Street and Sussex Street
• Bazaar Street Between Ellena Street and Lennox Street
• Sussex Street between Bazaar Street and Lennox Street
• Ellena Street Between Lennox Street and Bazaar Street
• Kent Street Between Bazaar Street and Adelaide Street
• Wharf Street between Bazaar Street and Adelaide Street
Maryborough Dawn Service
• Parade will line up at 4:30am on Adelaide Street. Step off at 5:15am and will proceed to the Cenotaph, Queens Park for the service at 5:45am.
Maryborough Main Service
• Parade line up at 8:30am at Maryborough RSL, Adelaide Street. Step off will commence at 9:00am along Adelaide Street towards the Cenotaph, Queens Park for the service at 9:45am.
Please be patient and consider varying your route. Remember - Lest We Forget.