Cigarette row a costly mistake
A MAN who threatened to light a cigarette lighter against an oxygen cylinder in the Hervey Bay Hospital emergency department has been fined $500 for being a public nuisance.
Reginald Arthur Darlington was taken to the emergency department by ambulance after his mother was unable to rouse him on June 27.
He had taken a combination of alcohol and prescription medications.
After Darlington regained consciousness he became verbally abusive towards staff because they wouldn’t let him light a cigarette. He was restrained after holding his lighter against an oxygen outlet.
Darlington pleaded guilty in the Hervey Bay Magistrates Court.