AVENGERS INFINITY WAR: Epic trailer finally released
AFTER nine years and 17 movies in the making, Marvel has finally dropped the trailer for the mega studio's most anticipated superhero team-up, Avengers: Infinity Wars.
The first two Avengers movies were epic but this is, like, super epic, nay, epically epic. Since the second Avengers movie, more heroes have crowded into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and next year's release promises to be a ridiculously big extravaganza.
Not to mention the "Infinity Stones" - essentially plot MacGuffins - that have been threaded throughout Marvel movies for years will finally mean something!
The gang's all here for the trailer - Iron Man, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Captain America, Thor, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Vision, Falcon, Doctor Strange, Hulk, War Machine, Wong and Loki.
Not present in the trailer were Ant-Man (who knows, maybe he was in the frame but just really, really small) and Hawkeye.
This seems to be a different trailer to the one San Diego Comic-Con audiences exclusively got a sneak peek of earlier this year.
We'll let you revel in the magnificence of this trailer - yes, we're fanboying out, maybe just a little, and we won't apologise for it.
But here are some quick things we noticed:
- Loki holding the Tesseract, last seen in Odin's chamber on Asgard as Ragnarok was going down - it was assumed Loki had taken it with him in the escape.
- Cap has a beard and it's totally working for him.
- Hulk back on Earth in New York City even though Thor is still in space.
- Cap, Black Widow, Winter Soldier (no longer in cryo), Hulk and War Machine teaming up with Black Panther in what looks to be Wakanda.
- Hulk and Black Widow's reunion!
- A blink-and-you'll-miss-it glimpse of the Black Order, Thanos' cronies.
- Vision's Infinity Stone being forcibly removed from his head, we later see Paul Bettany's human visage but his forehead is still glory so it's not clear if this is before and after the removal.
- Peter Parker's spidey-sense tingling for the first time.
- Spider-Man getting slammed into the ground by Thanos.
- Thanos wearing the Gauntlet with two stones - the Power Stone and the Space Stone - already attached. Looks like the Nova Corps didn't do such a good job of protecting the purple-hued gem from the purple-hued villain.
Avengers: Infinity War is in cinemas on April 25, 2018.
If you're obsessed with movies and TV, follow @wenleima on Twitter.