Blood service still needs 300 donations in M'boro and Bay
THE Australian Red Cross Blood Service still needs more than 300 donations at the Maryborough and Hervey Bay Donor Centres in the next month.
These blood donations are needed for people with cancer, stomach and bowel disease, nursing mothers and newborn babies.
Blood Service community relations officer Rebecca Ind said appointments were low at the Maryborough and Hervey Bay Donor Centres.
"Right now we need people to make an appointment to donate blood within the next few weeks," she said.
"Every blood donation can save three lives."
Maryborough Blood Donor Centre opening hours
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 1pm to 7pm
- Thursday and Friday: 7am to 1pm
- First and third Saturday of the Month: 7am to 1pm
Hervey Bay Blood Donor Centre opening hours
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 12pm to 7pm
- Wednesday, Friday and Saturday: 7am to 1pm