Cakes are almost too good to eat at association's birthday
NOT many birthdays gets more than one cake at a celebration.
Queensland Cake Decorators Association Maryborough branch will display dozens of decorated cakes at its 30th birthday celebrations next month.
Branch secretary Bev Hibberd said it would be a weekend of cake decorating; and members and anyone interested were invited to join the celebrations.
"We will have five nationally and internationally acclaimed decorators and 10 different demonstrations over the two days," Mrs Hibberd said.
"There will also be two cake decorating supply shops."
Mrs Hibberd said she had been decorating cakes for 32 years.
"I have always been interested in cake decorating, even back in my school days," she said.
"But it was when my children were younger that I started the TAFE course.
"The course was run by Gwen Eldridge, who started the Maryborough branch of the QCDA 30 years ago; and who taught me."
- The celebrations will be held at the Maryborough City Hall, Kent St on November 23 and 24 with morning tea and lunch provided
- Registration will be at 9am November 23 and at 8.30am on November 24
- Cost for members is $25 a day or $40 for two days; and for non-members $30 a day or $50 for two days
- The association will also hold a birthday dinner on November 23 at a cost of $30 a head
- Payment is required by October 31
- For more information phone Bev Hibberd on 4123 1313