Career change is 'best thing' for retired schoolteacher
WITH 26 years' experience, Anne Ham knows a thing or two about art.
The retired school teacher has taken her extensive art knowledge and creativity out of the classroom and into her ArtAbility Studio.
Mrs Ham opened the Point Vernon studio in May 2011, after being made redundant from her teaching job.
"It turned out to be the best thing, because I'm having an absolute ball and it's filling a need in the community," she said.
The studio caters for students of all ages and abilities - including school teachers - using a variety of techniques and materials.
"Teachers will gain confidence to enable them to teach visual art in their classrooms - and leave excited about visual art and confident to teach what they have learned here," Mrs Ham said.
"All workshops are designed to accomodate you (or your children), whatever your ability level - from beginner to more advanced artists."
Mrs Ham offers holiday classes and workshops for children in Prep-Year 3, Year 4-7, adults and teens.
These involve drawing, painting, cartooning, paper creations, painting in oils, watercolour and acrylics and much more.
Places are limited and bookings are essential.
School holiday classes
Prep to Year 3:
- January 6, 13 and 20, 1-2.15pm or 3-4.15pm.
- Cost is $15 per lesson and includes materials.
Years 4 to 7:
- Drawing workshop, January 7.
- Watercolour: January 8.
- Paper creations: January 9.
- Print magic: January 14.
- Fashion design: January 15.
- Paint your pet: January 16.
- Crazy cartoons: January 21.
- Mixed Media - Animal World: January 22.
- Making mini books: January 23.
- Cost is $30 and includes materials.
Adults and Teens:
- Painting in oils: January 4.
- Watercolour: Liquid and Loose, January 11.
- Mixed media: Animal World, January 18.
- Making artist books: January 25.
- Construct an art tote: February 1.
- Cost is $65 and includes materials, morning tea and lunch. Bookings essential.
Phone 4124 5104 or email: email@example.com.