Changes to traffic flow around Urraween Rd
TRAFFIC is again flowing through the Urraween Rd project near the Hervey Bay Hospital, according to infrastructure and planning portfolio councillor Trevor McDonald.
"The contractor has done a fantastic job to get the road open as quickly as possible," he said.
"While it is open for some traffic now, it may have to be closed again at different times."
The latest traffic arrangements include:
- Urraween Rd is open to east-bound traffic only from Hervey Bay Rd to Main St
- East-bound traffic on Urraween Rd can turn left into Nissen St
- Nissen St traffic is two-way to Urraween Rd where a left turn only is available into Urraween Rd towards the TAFE College
- Pantlins Lane is open fully and traffic can turn either right or left at the new roundabout at the intersection of Urraween Rd and Pantlins Lane
- Traffic on Nissen St wishing to go to the Eco-lodge, medical centre or hospital staff car park can do so by turning down Bayswater Dr and on to Pantlins Lane
- West-bound traffic on Urraween Rd can only go as far as the bus set down area at the TAFE College, where barriers are in place
"If everything goes to plan, we expect the project to be completed by early October," Cr McDonald said.