Question yourself about your health in order to improve
PERHAPS you'd like more energy, or you think your diet could be better. Maybe you have a lingering health problem that you're not sure how to address.
Or, then again, you may feel quite well but want to make sure you stay that way in the future.
Every single one of us has health issues that we would like to address.
But it can be very hard to put your finger on exactly what is bothering you, or decide how to proceed.
Sit in a quiet room with a pen and paper and begin to ask yourself some questions about all areas of your life - physical, emotional, spiritual, career, diet.
You should allow at least 40 minutes for this process and you should make sure that the phone is off the hook and there are no other disturbances.
Questions to ask yourself include:
- What is your digestion like? (Do you suffer from indigestion, flatulence, or even stomach cramping?)
- How would you rate your energy levels? (Do you have enough energy to do everything that you want?)
- Do you suffer from regular colds and flu?
- What about aches and pains?
- How's your sleep - are you able to relax well or do you often wake feeling tired?
- Do you have a sense of purpose or a deeper connection to what you do in your everyday life, for example, in your career or as a partner and parent?
Of course this is just a start.
You may also like to think about whether you suffer from any allergies, if you have bowel troubles such as constipation or diarrhoea, whether your skin is clear and healthy, if you have any family health issues you need to deal with, and whether there are any other physical or emotional issues that are affecting your well-being.
You also need to clearly define what your goals are.
Try filling in this sentence: "I would like ….. in order to ……" for the different areas you wish to improve.
For example, "I would like to be fitter in order to have more energy at the end of the day for my partner and myself."
Look at what positive things you are already doing too, rather than concentrating on the negative.
Once you have done all this, you will probably be getting a much clearer picture of where you are in health plan - and your life, and where you want to go.
The last thing you need to do is write down the steps you will take to reach your goals.
Make them baby steps like talking to your doctor or naturopath about an ongoing problem, joining an exercise class, eating one more serve of fruit or vegetables a day, buying a relaxation tape, cutting out one cup of coffee a day, starting a basic weight-training program at a gym, taking a healthy lunch to work instead of buying takeaway, or even scheduling in some "me" time twice a week.
Before you know it, you will be looking and feeling better.
Vegetable juices to cleanse the blood, alkalise the system and also encourage liver detoxification. Some lovely combinations of juices are as follows:
- Carrot, fresh ginger and apple
- Carrot, beetroot, ginger, celery
- Apple, pineapple, ginger and mint
- Spinach, parsley, green beans, tomato, Tabasco sauce
- Apple, pineapple juiced and then add 1 cup of coconut milk and blend
- Raspberries, kiwifruit, lemon juice, banana and orange juice and blend
- Pear, apple and ginger
- Spinach, broccoli, garlic, parsley and apple
- Carrot, ginger and orange
- Apple, lemon and mint.