Emergency crews at the scene of the pool. Picture: 9 News
Emergency crews at the scene of the pool. Picture: 9 News

Nine kids exposed to chemical fumes

Children have been treated by paramedics after being exposed to fumes from a chemical spill at a Sydney pool.

Nine kids aged under six have been assessed for breathing difficulties following the incident at the Wollondilly Leisure Centre about 10.30am.

Several NSW Ambulance crews were called to the pool on Argyle Street in Picton where it was believed an incorrect chemical mixture led to the fumes being released.

Paramedics have arranged for observation of those who have pre-existing respiratory issues.

The indoor pool will remain closed until mid-afternoon as a precaution, while the outdoor pool, gym and foyer remain open.



When rain will return to the southeast

premium_icon When rain will return to the southeast

Showers are set to return and last for several days

”Upstanding” man lies about sickening child porn collection

premium_icon ”Upstanding” man lies about sickening child porn collection

‘Upstanding member of society’ had more than 100 files on a hard drive

EXCLUSIVE: Big wet’s impact on Coast water restrictions revealed

premium_icon EXCLUSIVE: Big wet’s impact on Coast water restrictions...

Despite the heavy rains, mayor George Seymour says it’s important we continue to be...