Queensland Fire and Rescue Services Fire Fighters.
Queensland Fire and Rescue Services Fire Fighters. David Nielsen

Cigarette sparks panic in Bay home

A SMALL fire broke out in a Scarness home after a cigarette was dropped into a bin.

Emergency services were called to Stephenson St, Scarness about 7.40pm Saturday where the cigarette sparked a panic.

<<KEEP UP TO DATE WITH LOCAL EMERGENCY COVERAGE AND FOLLOW THE TOPIC HERE>>

It is believed the man had finished smoking and dropped the cigarette into a bin which contained tissues.

Some furniture was damaged but no one was hurt.



Special honour for the man who saved Bundy Rugby League

premium_icon Special honour for the man who saved Bundy Rugby League

Former chairman passed away earlier this year

Granville's major fundraiser to honour Coen Ashton

Granville's major fundraiser to honour Coen Ashton

Granville will raise money for the Coen Ashton Foundation.

Multicultural celebration for all ages

Multicultural celebration for all ages

World full of dancing

Local Partners