Clouds of dust from home reno mistaken for smoke
A RESIDENT of Hervey Bay's Central Park estate has been shocked to find her home renovations interrupted by visits from ambulance and fire crews.
Emergency services were alerted to the scene about 9am on Monday as passers-by reported seeing clouds of "smoke" billowing from the windows in Urraween.
The "smoke" could also be seen by passing motorists on Urraween Rd.
Concerned neighbors mistook thick dust clouds, which were simply the result of home renovations, for a possible house fire and reported the incident before gathering outside the home and watching the events unfold.