Clouds of dust from home reno mistaken for smoke

A RESIDENT of Hervey Bay's Central Park estate has been shocked to find her home renovations interrupted by visits from ambulance and fire crews.

Emergency services were alerted to the scene about 9am on Monday as passers-by reported seeing clouds of "smoke" billowing from the windows in Urraween.

The "smoke" could also be seen by passing motorists on Urraween Rd.

Concerned neighbors mistook thick dust clouds, which were simply the result of home renovations, for a possible house fire and reported the incident before gathering outside the home and watching the events unfold.



A new way to remember WW1: Prime Minister

premium_icon A new way to remember WW1: Prime Minister

Mr Turnbull's eight-minute speech moved the crowd of hundreds

Record numbers ensure FraserPop's return in 2019

premium_icon Record numbers ensure FraserPop's return in 2019

Thousands of people flooded through the school gates

MEMORIAL: From a cuppa to a top memorial

premium_icon MEMORIAL: From a cuppa to a top memorial

Ms Bates addressed the crowd at the memorial opening

Local Partners