Discover Brisbane’s laneway gems
NOT all of Brisbane City is as it seems…
Duck down intimate laneways to open your eyes to new worlds, and your palate to another realm of sensation.
Check out these quirky laneway gems:
1. Comuna Cantina, Albert Lane (access vis 141 Queen and 140 Elizabeth Sts): Hello Latin-American-inspired street food. This place is great for a cheeky snack, lunchtime cocktail or taco-binge.
2. Brew, Burnett Lane (access via Queen Street Mall): This is one of the city's best kept secrets. Day or night, you're guaranteed to get great coffee, wine, beer and cocktails plus delicious tapas.
3. John Mills Himself, Charlotte Street: This café and bar is simply gorgeous with exposed brick and timber beams giving it an industrial, trendy vibe. By night, it turns into an intimate wine and piano bar.
4. The Gresham, Gresham Lane (access via Creek and Queen Sts): Welcome to the gentleman's bar where whiskey and bourbon are part of the staple diet. The saloon-style bar with its old-world charm will send you back in time as you relax on a chesterfield couch by the Victorian fireplace.
5. Bean, George Street: Bean is a stripped-back coffee house with a record player and stacks of books to indulge in… it's got a great atmosphere to escape the hustle and bustle of the city above.
6. Sonny's House of Blues, Rowes Lane (access vis Edward St): This dive bar has an American retro vibe with live music, old-school cocktails and more than 40 types of craft beer.
And that's just to whet your palate…
Check out more laneway gems HERE.