Ebony saved from smoking house
EBONY the moodle has survived the biggest adventure of her life, after being rescued from a house fire in Pialba.
Ebony, a poodle-maltese cross, was probably enjoying the smell of her owner's cooking on Friday morning, unaware that disaster was just around the corner.
Her owner Betty Flegler had gone shopping and forgotten that some chops were on the stove.
A couple of hours later, concerned neighbours called 000 after seeing smoke billowing from the bottom story of the house.
Hervey Bay firefighters rushed to the scene, but couldn't save the dog immediately as the home was securely locked.
Firefighter Dave Crisp said they had to break in through the back door using a sledgehammer.
While his colleagues Len Gleeson and Allen Birch brought the smoking stove under control, Dave searched for Ebony.
"I looked everywhere for her," he said.
"The house was full of smoke.
I eventually found her cowering in the master bedroom."
Later that day, Betty said Ebony had recovered, and there were no obvious signs of illness from smoke inhalation.
"Thank you very much for rescuing her," Betty said to the firefighters.
Dave said it was a good reminder for people to check their smoke alarms.
Affenpoo (affenpinscher - poodle mix)
Rottle (rottweiler - poodle mix)
Saint berdoodle (saint bernard - poodle mix)
Eskapoo (american eskimo dog - poodle mix)
Doodleman pinscher (doberman standard - poodle mix)