Electrical fault fills Maryborough building with smoke

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Kent St residence on Monday morning when an electrical fault caused smoke to fill a building.

Officers from the Maryborough Fire Station were called to the address just after 9am on Monday.

An officer on duty said smoke had travelled from an electrical box into the building.

He said the occupants had done the right thing by shutting off the power and calling triple 0.



Crews at scene of fire burning near M’boro

Premium Content Crews at scene of fire burning near M’boro

Motorists should drive with caution and to conditions.

‘Struggling’ man rescued from lake at Pialba

Premium Content ‘Struggling’ man rescued from lake at Pialba

A man has been pulled from the water at a man-made lake in Pialba.

RELEASED: Seized birds set free near M’boro

Premium Content RELEASED: Seized birds set free near M’boro

Three tawny frogmouths seized from the Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary last year...