Fashion parades are part of entertainment at St Helen's
PLENTY of fun awaits those attending this weekend's Family Field Day.
St Helen's School will hold its third annual event after missing last year due to rain and building work.
Organisers are saying the day is shaping up to be the best yet.
"It's been a two-year wait and we are hoping the community will support the event," school P&C president Kelly Scougall said.
"It's great fun for the kids. They love it.
"The school classes will have their own game or activity at only one or two dollars to play."
Mrs Scougall said the committee had also introduced some new entertainment.
"There are five businesses doing fashion parades and there is a dance performance from the Horror Closet," she said.
"We have some really good raffles, including themed containers of garden and kitchen products."
Along with the usual fun-filled rides, class stalls, food, drinks and market stalls, there will be community displays of remote controlled cars, historic machinery and antique cars.
The St Helen's School annual Family Field Day is on August 24 from 10am-2pm at the school grounds.
- Wide Bay Historic Machinery Club
- Maryborough District Antique Motor Club
- 10.45am St Helen's SS Orchestra
- 11.15am L.A.D Studio Performance
- 11.45am Horror Closet: Thriller Performance
- 12.05pm Yarrilee SS Rock Band
- 12.45pm Mini Zumba
- 1pm Fashion Parade
- 1.30pm Thriller Performance
- Class stalls, face painting, rides, market stalls, raffles, candle making, cake stall