Fire breaks out in toilet cubicle at Sunshine Coast school

UPDATE 12.50PM: Families of students at Nambour State College have been told a toilet roll was set alight in a school toilet cubicle, sparking an emergency situation. 

In an email sent to parents, the school said the fire started in the senior boys' toilet, but all students had been accounted for. 

Nobody was injured as a result of the fire. 

UPDATE 12.20PM: The fire at a Sunshine Coast school started in a toilet cubicle, firefighters report. 

Firefighters rushed to Nambour State College after a fire was reported on site. 

They found the blaze in the toilet area, on the ground floor in a two-storey building.

The fire was extinguished about 12.10pm. 

Paramedics were also called to the scene, but nobody was injured in the incident. 

BREAKING 12PM: Emergency crews are rushing to the scene of a reported fire at a Sunshine Coast high school. 

One fire crew has just arrived at Nambour State College at Carroll St, Nambour, after the 000 call about 11.45pm. 

Firefighters have confirmed there is a structure fire at the site, but no details are yet available on the size or exact location of the blaze. 

More to come. 



Farewell to a community icon as loved council worker retires

premium_icon Farewell to a community icon as loved council worker retires

She's a familiar sight in Maryborough with her feather-adorned hat

Council snubs re-fluoridation despite dental, medical advice

premium_icon Council snubs re-fluoridation despite dental, medical advice

Fluoride is not on Cr Everard's agenda or the council agenda

FUTURE VISION: Business groups lobby for Regional Deal funds

premium_icon FUTURE VISION: Business groups lobby for Regional Deal funds

It comes as talks between all three levels of govt continue

Local Partners