First electric heater fire of 2013 a timely reminder

AFTER responding to their first electric heater fire of 2013, Fraser Coast firefighters are warning residents to take care when it comes to warming up their homes this winter.

Torquay Fire Station's Len Gleeson said while Tuesday night's heater fire was minor, it could have been much worse and was a timely reminder for residents.

The occupant of the Esplanade unit was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.



MEMORIAL: From a cuppa to a top memorial

premium_icon MEMORIAL: From a cuppa to a top memorial

Ms Bates addressed the crowd at the memorial opening

Prime Minister joins leading dignitaries in memorial opening

premium_icon Prime Minister joins leading dignitaries in memorial opening

Leading dignitaries attended the opening on Saturday

BY-ELECTION: Candidate leads as count continues

premium_icon BY-ELECTION: Candidate leads as count continues

Hundreds of Division 10 residents voted on Saturday

Local Partners