The Flash S2E09: Running to Stand Still review
*spoilers ahead if you haven't seen season two episode nine*
REVIEW: Three villains are better than one.
Weather Wizard (Liam McIntyre), Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) and The Trickster (Mark Hamill) are absolutely superb together. The scenes they shared were the best of the episode.
Hamill is ridiculously creepy as The Trickster, and McIntyre has made Weather Wizard a legitimate threat.
We finally saw some friction between Patty Spivot (Shantel VanSanten) and Barry Allen/The Flash (Grant Gustin) and it begs the question of how long it will be before he is forced to tell her about his true identity as the speedster.
The West family drama took a massive step forward with the reveal of Wally (Keiynon Lonsdale).
Iris (Candice Patton) broke the news about her unknown brother to Joe (Jesse L. Martin) early in Running to Stand Still, and with a knock at the door in the final moments one of the most-anticipated arrivals made his first appearance.
The biggest twist, which some knew would happen, is it now appears Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) and Zoom (Tony Todd) are about to work together.
Wells' daughter Jesse has been held captive by Zoom on Earth-2, and a bit of blackmail later and they could be on the same page.
There is something about this Wells that could see him undermine Zoom, but we will have to wait until later in the season to find out.
THE FLASH: SEASON TWO
- REVIEW: Flash of Two Worlds great but not without flaws
- The Flash S2E03: Family of Rogues preview
- The Flash S2E03: Family of Rogues review
- The Flash S2E04: The Fury of Firestorm preview
- The Flash S2E04: The Fury of Firestorm review
- The Flash S2E05: The Darkness and the Light preview
- The Flash S2E05: The Darkness and the Light review
- The Flash S2E06: Enter Zoom preview
- The Flash S2E06: Enter Zoom review
- The Flash S2E07: Gorilla Warfare preview
- The Flash S2E07: Gorilla Warfare review
- The Flash S2E08: Legends of Today preview
- The Flash S2E08: Legends of Today review
- The Flash S2E09: Running to Stand Still preview
- The Flash S2E09: Running to Stand Still review
- The Flash S2E10: Potential Energy preview
A few more things:
- Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears) and Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker) finally shared a moment under the mistletoe, Will it last or will it be over when he returns to Earth-2?
- How long until The Flash reveals his identity to Patty? Surely it's going to be soon.
Tell us what you think in the comments below.
The Flash airs Wednesdays at 6.30pm (AEST) on Fox 8 (Channel 108).