15 things Chris Loft promised to change in first 6 months
HERE are 15 promises Chris Loft needs to fulfil in his term as mayor.
The promises were taken directly from his Common Sense Express paper released in his campaign to become mayor.
Cr Loft said he would start promises one to four below, "immediately" after he was elected.
1.Undertake a full audit of the council, starting with the chief executive officer.
2. Open satellite offices in smaller towns
3. Ensure councillors have regular open days at these offices
4. Councillors head up their own standing committees and working groups
5. Build an Innovation Hub in Maryborough- Funding allocated
6. Improve local planning arrangements
7. Wind down Fraser Coast Opportunities- Failed
8. Improve performance reporting arrangements inside council
9. Improve the culture in the council organisation
10. Begin a feasibility study into the development of a solar power station on the Fraser Coast.
11. Produce more transparent reports about how budgets are spent
12. Make public the wage bill of the council
13. Encourage council employees to take personal ownership and deliver results
14. Create an agricultural incentive program to lure export businesses to the Fraser Coast
15. Ensure 90% of goods and services are sought on the Fraser Coast