Lucky escape for Craignish barbecuers after gas leak

CRAIGNISH barbecuers had a lucky escape after a gas cylinder at their Waters Edge Dr home began to leak.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said fire crews were called to the home just before 1pm on Tuesday.

Firefigthers were told the home owners used a fire blanket to deal with the leak.

The leak was stopped after the cylinder ran out of gas.

Have you ever been caught out while using a barbecue? Join the discussion and tell us below.



Make the most of your digital subscription

premium_icon Make the most of your digital subscription

Being a subscriber, you're in the box seat of the best local action

TASER TROUBLE: Woman charged with weapon possession

premium_icon TASER TROUBLE: Woman charged with weapon possession

Court date set for woman allegedly found with taser

Bay’s new daycare centre off to a generous start

premium_icon Bay’s new daycare centre off to a generous start

Early learning centre opens after years of construction