Generator fumes send Sunshine Coast pair to hospital

AS the destructive winds and rain of ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie lashed the Sunshine Coast, two people were rushed to hospital after being overwhelmed by fumes from their power generator.

An ambulance was called at 6.54pm.

The two are now in a stable condition at Nambour Hospital.
 

It comes as about 80,000 Energex customers throughout south-east Queensland were left without power overnight as the giant storm cell ravaged the region.

Earlier this week, Energy Minister Mark Bailey said it may take days before power is returned.

Those using generators needed to be aware of the risks posed by carbon monoxide poisoning, fire and electrocution.

He said generators should never be used inside, including in ­garages, carports, basements, crawlspaces or any area that was at all enclosed.



RSL secretary feels sense of worth at Anzac service

RSL secretary feels sense of worth at Anzac service

Tiaro's best turnout

Proud former navy officer leads ex-servicewomen in march

Proud former navy officer leads ex-servicewomen in march

Maureen Westhead joined the navy at age 18 in the 1960s.

Fancy a morning tea with Mary Poppins?

Fancy a morning tea with Mary Poppins?

The tour attracts people of all ages.

Local Partners