George Pell regrets legal battle with sexual abuse survivor

CARDINAL George Pell has told the royal commission he regrets calling on child abuse victim John Ellis to prove what had happened to him in court, despite already believing him.

Giving evidence today, about the Sydney Archdiocese' 2004 legal battle with the lawyer, Cardinal Pell rejected the suggestion the church had technically denied the abuse had taken place and insisted it was his legal team that had advised him to "dispute" the facts of the case.

He said it was "wrong that it went to such an extent" and regretted that it had.

Cardinal Pell had been on the stand since Monday.

He was expected to fly to Rome to take up his new position as financial adviser to the Vatican once the hearing was over.



Skippers hope for magic at local regatta

Skippers hope for magic at local regatta

Spectators will see the action from the foreshore at Torquay.

EXCITING: New amusement arcade to open on Fraser Coast

EXCITING: New amusement arcade to open on Fraser Coast

The arcade is expected to open in late April.

Local Partners