Girl gets shocked by lightning while sheltering in loos

A 17-YEAR-OLD girl got an electric shock after taking shelter in public toilets on Charlton Esplanade, Scarness on Friday night.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the girl was near a metal sink when she felt the shock about 7.30pm.

It is believed the shock came from a bolt of lightning hitting the ground.

He said she had tingling sensations and was taken to hospital.

The girl had taken cover in the public toilets in Scarness and was waiting for the storm to blow over.

She was taken to Hervey Bay Hospital and was in a stable condition.



ARRESTED: Bay teens charged over three-day crime spree

premium_icon ARRESTED: Bay teens charged over three-day crime spree

A police dog squad found the boys allegedly hiding in a shed

CASHLESS CARD: Hundreds trying to opt out of trial

premium_icon CASHLESS CARD: Hundreds trying to opt out of trial

The problems started when he tried to pay his rent.

GALLERY: Fraser Coast hops into food and beer festival

premium_icon GALLERY: Fraser Coast hops into food and beer festival

It was also a training ground for one business owner