Case against alleged hacked mentioned in M'boro court
THE case against an alleged 21-year-old hacker accused of illegally accessing the database of a United States-based gaming developer has been mentioned in Maryborough Magistrates Court.
Kingaroy's Shane Duffy is accused of multiple counts of fraud, hacking and computer misuse.
His case was mentioned in Maryborough Magistrates Court on Tuesday, where it was adjourned.
Mr Duffy was not present for the mention.
As well as hacking into the developer's database, Mr Duffy is accused of hacking the company's account on social media site Twitter.
He allegedly also created a website offering a paid service to search the developer's player database.
Mr Duffy was arrested in Kingaroy last month and equipment from a property in Poona was also seized.
He is due to appear before the court on April 22.
Charges against Shane Duffy
- Three counts of computer hacking and misuse
- Two counts of fraud: dishonestly apply property to own use
- Two counts of fraud: dishonestly obtaining property from another
- One count of fraud: dishonestly cause detriment
- One count fraud: possessing equipment for purpose of committing/facilitating the commission of an offence