Headphones took off with a bang

A WOMAN on a Melbourne-bound flight has suffered burns after the battery-operated headphones she was wearing exploded and caught fire. The passenger was listening to music and napping on a recent flight from Beijing to Melbourne when about two hours into the journey the headphones caught fire and an apparent explosion jolted her from her slumber. The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has not disclosed the name of the woman but has released images of her injuries to highlight the issue of lithium batteries on flights.



Local teens fight against child trafficking

Local teens fight against child trafficking

"They're used as tourist attractions."

100 YEARS ON: Research makes timber industry a success

100 YEARS ON: Research makes timber industry a success

A research facility was eventually established in 1918.

Local Partners