Keep your belongings safe while you're at the beach
POLICE are reminding people to protect their property and personal safety while they're at the beach.
A police representative said some simple strategies that might prevent you from becoming a victim were:
- Swim at patrolled beaches and only between the red and yellow flags. Flags are located near the Hervey Bay Surf Club every weekend. During school holidays the flags are also out on weekdays
- Never swim at night or if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Ask about beach conditions
- Don't sunbathe alone in isolated areas
- Try not to leave valuables such as mobile telephones, bank cards, money, car keys or house keys unattended at the beach.