Learn about excellent club committees at workshop
BEING on a club committee can bring challenges but Leisa Donlan aims to change that at her Excellent Club Committee Workshop in Maryborough.
The free event will be held on Thursday next week, September 12, from 6pm to 9.30pm at the Brolga Theatre.
It will cover a number of subjects including:
- What are the laws that relate to your club's committee and what do they say you must do
- How can you monitor the finances of the club to ensure you have enough money
- What is the difference between strategic leadership and operational activity and how can you avoid being operational in meetings
- What are the most important aspects of management for your committee and how can you get those skills
- Are ethics important when you are a volunteer committee member
- What are some great strategies for increasing volunteering
- Using existing templates to help evaluate and improve management in your club
Councillor for sport Darren Everard said the workshops were valuable for local sporting and community groups.
"Even if you have been on a committee for a long time, changes to legislation and regulations mean you may have to change the way your club is run," he said.
"More than that, it's about getting the best out of your members and keeping your club on track and functioning well.
"Previous workshops have been very well attended and I expect to see another great crowd at this one."
Bookings are essential for catering and can be made by phoning Samantha Stewart at Fraser Coast Regional Council on 1300 794 929 or emailing email@example.com.