Looking for something to do during the Easter break?
MARYBOROUGH HERITAGE MARKETS
- When: Thursday, April 17, 8am-1pm
- Where: Adelaide and Ellena St, Maryborough
- What: Experience the colour, atmosphere and great value of Maryborough's Heritage City Markets. Every Thursday Maryborough's inner city is transformed into a bustling outdoor market where you are guaranteed to find farm fresh produce, entertainment and a great bargain from one of the many art, craft, fashion and gift stalls.
- Meet Mary Heritage and the Town Crier. Discover Maryborough's fascinating history on a free guided walking tour. Ride the Mary Anne - a working replica of Queensland's first steam engine - at nearby Queens Park. And don't miss the firing of the historic time cannon at 1pm.
- Cost: Free
8TH NORTH COAST CAMPOUT
- When: Friday, April 18-21
- Where: Maryborough Showgrounds, Bruce Hwy, Maryborough
- What: The 8th North Coast Campout is a weekend for camping lovers of hot rods and custom cars. A show and shine will be held on Sunday, 20th April 20, and is open to the public to view. You can also enter your own car from 9am. Fundraising will be held over the weekend for the Prostate Support Group in Maryborough.
- Cost: $5
TOOGOOM EASTER FAIR
- When: Friday, April 18, 8am to 1pm
- Where: Toogoom Community Hall, 140 Toogoom Rd, Toogoom
- What: There will be more than 50 stalls at the Toogoom Easter Fair, catering for every conceivable taste, including laser skirmish, jumping castle with food, drinks, music and fun.
- Cost: Free
MSC 83RD ANNUAL EASTER REGATTA
- When: Friday, April 18 to 20, all day
- Where: Hervey Bay waters, off Scarness beach, and the Maryborough Life Saving Club's Esplanade Clubhouse.
- What: The public is invited to watch the best of the best battle it out in on the water for the 83rd annual Easter Sailing Regatta.
- Cost: Free
PIER PARK FAMILY MARKET
- When: Saturday, April 19, 7am-2pm
- Where: Pier Park, Urangan
- What: There will be a variety of goodies to choose from, with of over more than 100 quality stalls including craft and produce. Enjoy live music, food, coffee and more.
- Cost: Free
FAMILY FUN DAY
- When: Saturday, April 19, 10am-3pm
- Where: Scarness Park, Hervey Bay Esplanade
- What: The Hervey Bay Arts Council annual Easter Family Fun Day will include entertainment, food, rides, stalls, games and activities, plus a special visit by the Easter Bunny. Chocolate giveaways, prizes and raffles. See Hervey Bay's young rock violinist in action. Bring a chair and have lots of fun.
- This is primarily a free event; however some activities may require a small donation.
- Cost: Free
WONDAI 2014 AUTUMN GARDEN EXPO AND ORCHID SHOW
- When: Saturday, April 19, 8am-4.30pm and Sunday, April 20, 8am-1pm
- Where: Wondai Sportsground, Bunya Hwy
- What: This is a signature event for the South Burnett and garden lovers Queensland-wide. There will be lots of quality plant stalls and allied gardening products, plus home décor, health and beauty and gift stalls.
- Cost: $4
MARY RIVER CRUISE
- When: Saturday, April 19 and Sunday, April 20
- Where: Leaves the Urangan Marina.
- What: This Easter, take a journey along one of Queensland's most historic and unusual rivers for a chance to see dolphins and turtles, rare and ancient river creatures, amazing birdlife and grand heritage riverfront homes.The Mary River cruise on board the Spirit of Hervey Bay begins with stunning views of World Heritage-listed Fraser Island and Big Woody Island as the boat leaves from the Hervey Bay Marina and makes it way down the Great Sandy Strait towards the mouth of the river at River Heads.
- After navigating the twists and turns of the beautiful wide brown river, the boat makes its way into Maryborough and offers a rare perspective of the city's grand old riverfront homes and gardens, established in the late 1800s when Maryborough was a thriving immigration and trade port. Bookings to 1800 642 544.
- Cost: $65 and includes morning tea.
ANNUAL MELSA MINIATURE TRAIN RUN
- When: Sunday, April 20, 9am to 1pm
- Where: Queens Park, Maryborough
- What: Join the friendly MELSA (Model Engineers and Live Steamers Association) for their annual Easter miniature train run. There will be lots of activities for the kids. Covered shoes must be worn to ride the trains.
- Cost: $1 per ride
- When: Sunday, April 20, 7am-noon
- Where: Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary, 79 Mungar Rd, Maryborough West
- What: Country markets, lots of stalls, bric-a-brac, birds, vegies, tools, books, paintings and much more.
- Easter egg hunt, jumping castles and slippery slide for the kids, entertainment, Fusion ice cream, sausage sizzle and drinks. Visit the animals in the sanctuary and have an enjoyable Easter Sunday morning with the family.
- Cost: Gold coin donation
COTTAGE CRAFT AND HERB FARM
- Where: Australiana Cottage Crafts & Herb Farm, 4km along the Torbanlea-Pialba Rd, Takura. Look for the pink cow letterbox.
- What: Join Karen Herbert and her family for some Easter craft fun. Come along and make some great Hippity Hoppity Easter Crafts. Paint and decorate a wooden Easter fridge magnet, make great Easter-themed jewellery, create a delicious lollipop bunny or make a colourful Easter card for someone special.
- The herb farm specialises in culinary, medicinal, fragrant and rare herbs, unusual fruit trees and rare edibles. The Garden Cottage is full of a great range of pottery, wood work, heirloom seeds and unique locally made garden gifts. Feed the friendly farm animals, they are always happy to greet visitors.
- Take a walk around the tropical walk to discover the bird aviaries, set in a natural early Australian setting.
- Cost: Free
- When: Thursday to April 27, 10am-4pm daily
- Where: The Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere, 166 Old Maryborough Rd, Hervey Bay
- What: These school holidays.
- There are many ways to discover the fantastic Fraser Coast.
- The Fraser Coast is filled with natural wonders and exciting eco-adventures for you to experience this Easter and the best place to start is the Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere. With live animal talks and displays and fascinating interpretive panels and activities, it is a fun, interactive way to learn and get inspired about our amazing region and its creatures. Over the holidays, you can join the team as they feed the clown fish, stroke a starfish, pat a dingo, and get up close and personal with reptiles and snakes at a number of special daily sessions.
- Visit www.frasercoast discoverysphere.com.au for the full schedule of activities.
- Cost: Adult $7, children $5