Looking for something to do this weekend?
Floral Art Display
- When: Friday and Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 12-4pm.
- Where: Salvation Army Citadel, Robertson St, Urangan.
- What: Combined Christian Churches Floral Art Display.
Marina Twilight Markets
- When: Every Friday, 2.30-7.30pm.
- Where: Hervey Bay Marina, Urangan.
- What: Enjoy an evening stroll around the marina and browse the market stalls. Goodies on sale include scented products, clothing, jewellery and accessories, toys, arts and crafts. Phone 4125 2512.
Healthy Living Festival
- When: Saturday, 9am-3pm.
- Where: Hervey Bay Community Centre, Charles St, Pialba.
- What: The Heart and Soul Healthy Living Festival will include fitness and relaxation demonstrations as well as cooking displays.
- Cost: $5
Torquay Beachside Markets
- When: Saturday 8am-1pm
- Where: Torquay beachfront next to the tennis court.
- What: This popular and busy market is set in beautiful beachside surrounds and is full with stalls containing thousands of top quality, unique products.
Ocean of Fun
- When: Saturday, noon-5pm
- Where: Bill Fraser and Ernie Organ Parks, The Esplanade, Torquay.
- What: The free family fun day - part of August's Whale Festival - will involve a range of workshops and fun for kids. Rangers from Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary will also have reptiles on display.
Burrum Heads markets
- When: Saturday
- Where: Community Hall, Burrum Heads. Contact Alice on phone 4129 5297 for a site.
Hogs, Rods and Rock
- When: Saturday, 10am
- Where: 164 Woodstock St, Maryborough
- What: Hosted by the Maryborough Special School and the Children's Charity Riders, the day will involve a motorcycle and car show and shine.
- Cost: Gold coin donation
- When: Sunday, 6am-noon
- Where: Kruger Ct, Urangan
- When: Sunday
- Where: Fisherman's Park, Urangan
- What: Cooking demonstrations, taste tests, guest speakers, live fish displays, ocean art exhibits, live music, prize giveaways.
- Cost: Adults $5, U16 free.
Hervey Bay Ramblers
- When: Sunday, 11 August at 9.30am.
- Where: Dayman Park, top car park
- What: Walk The Esplanade
- Contact: Gill 4194 0955
Art in the Bay
- When: Saturday and Sunday, 10am-3pm.
- Where: Gallery 5, Sandy St, Urangan.
- What: Hervey Bay Art Society's monthly exhibition on display in a newly refurbished gallery.
- Cost: Free.
- When: Sunday, 9am-3pm
- Where: Mal Watson Memorial Motocross Complex, Dundowran Rd, Hervey Bay
- What: The club is holding a practice day for all new and existing riders.
- Cost: Spectators free.