Looking for something to do this weekend?
Home show and expo
- When: Friday and Saturday, 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-4pm.
- Where: Maryborough Showgrounds, Bruce Hwy.
- What: Wide Bay and Fraser Coast Home Show and Caravan, Camping Expo.
- Cost: Adults $10, Seniors $8, Children free (accompanied by adult).
Marina Twilight Markets
- When: Every Friday, 2.30-7.30pm.
- Where: Hervey Bay Marina, Urangan.
- What: Enjoy an evening stroll around the marina and browse the market stalls. Goodies on sale include scented products, clothing, jewellery and accessories, toys, arts and crafts. Phone 4125 2512.
Students on stage
- When: Friday and Saturday, 7:30pm.
- Where: Great Hall, Beach Rd, Pialba.
- What: Watch Hervey Bay State High's performers hit the stage for their annual musical production, Gumshoe.
- Cost: Adults $10, students $7.
- When: Sunday, 6am-noon.
- Where: Hervey Bay Animal Refuge, Nikenbah-Dundowran Rd.
Pier Park Family Markets
- When: Saturday, 7am-2pm.
- Where: Pier Park, Urangan.
Muso's Day Out
- When: Saturday, 10am-6:30pm.
- Where: Fraser Lakes Golf Club, Craignish.
- What: Help raise funds for the SES. Musicians and singers play on the verandas overlooking the lake. Sausage sizzle to raise funds all day. Sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery around the lake and the music overflowing from the verandas. Call 4128 7770 or Karen on 0423 961 853.
- When: Saturday, 4-8pm.
- Where: Scarness Esplanade/Park.
- What: Celebrate the whales' migratory journey at the annual Whale Festival Illumination parade along the Esplanade.
- When: Sunday, 7am-noon
- Where: Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary, Mungar Rd, Maryborough.
- What: Lots of stalls, bric-a-brac, birds, vegies, tools, books, bikes, paintings and more. Have your dog or cat microchipped. Food and drinks available.
- When: Sunday, 8-10am
- Where: Dayman Park, Urangan
- What: Join in with your four-legged friends in a walk from Dayman Park to the Margaret St groyne and back.
- Cost: $2 donation to Guide Dogs Queensland.
- When: Sunday from 8.30am.
- Where: Hervey Bay Community Centre.
- What: Stallholders inside and outside of the Community Centre with Country Blue performing from the deck, sausage sizzle and great coffee.
Walk of Inspiration
- When: Sunday, 9am-1.30pm.
- Where: The Pines, Pt Vernon (walk start), Urangan (barbecue 12:30pm and auction 1pm).
- What: Walk to raise money for Humanity Healing International and Home for Haiti.
Fraser Coast Baby and Children's Market
- When: Sunday, 8am-noon.
- Where: Great Hall, Beach Rd, Hervey Bay.
- What: Browse the products whether preloved, new or handmade. For more info phone 0437 335 153.
Music in the Courtyard
- When: Sunday, noon-1pm.
- Where: Janet's Arts and Books, 264 Kent St, Maryborough.
- What: Acoustic guitar with Al Davies. No cover charge. Lunch and afternoon tea available. Phone Janet 4123 1117.