Man arrested over bomb scare to stay in custody

A MAN arrested over a bomb scare at Peregian Beach on Wednesday will remain in custody.

David John Ogden, 26, was not brought up from the watch house for the initial part of his court mention this morning.

His defence solicitor Belinda Robinson said her client wanted to plead guilty to his charges from Wednesday, which included threatening violence at night, but Magistrate Rod Madsen said that particular charge couldn't be dealt with in magistrates court.

He said it needed to be dealt with in a higher court.

Ms Robinson agreed the matters should be adjourned to a later date and had his existing bail for other previous matters revoked.

Mr Ogden was then brought up from the watch house for a closed court matter.

When the court was reopened he pleaded guilty to some matters but not all.

He said he wanted to apply for bail but his matters had already been adjourned.

Mr Madsen told Mr Ogden he had "a snowflake's chance" of being granted bail.

Mr Ogden made hand gestures to people in the public gallery while Mr Madsen was speaking.

He was remanded in custody for the next mention of his matters on May 5.



Toe-sucking pest jailed for creepy calls to strangers

premium_icon Toe-sucking pest jailed for creepy calls to strangers

If a man answered the phone, he would hang up

10 times tomahawks have been used in Fraser Coast crimes

premium_icon 10 times tomahawks have been used in Fraser Coast crimes

These are the times people chose a tomahawk as weapon of choice