Man's eyes burned in bin explosion

AN 18-year-old has been rushed to hospital with severe chemical burns to his eyes after a bottle exploded in his wheelie bin in North Rockhampton last night.

The man was emptying rubbish into the bin around 8pm at the front of his Plahn Street home.

When he opened the bin lid he spotted a bottle containing liquid.

When he moved the bottle it exploded causing chemical burns to his eyes, a deep laceration to one hand and a broken wrist on the other hand.

He was rushed to Rockhampton Hospital for surgery.

Police are investigating.


BREAKING: Person airlifted after near drowning near Gympie

BREAKING: Person airlifted after near drowning near Gympie

Ambulance crews have arrived at the scene and police are enroute

Sea Scouts to honour returned Vietnam veterans

Sea Scouts to honour returned Vietnam veterans

A dinner will be hosted by the Sea Scouts for war veterans

Local Partners