Mayoral candidate refuses to speak with QT after 4BC chat
FLEDGLING mayoral candidate Gary Duffy has refused to speak with the Queensland Times about allegations he aired on Brisbane radio.
Mr Duffy took to the airwaves on Wednesday in an attempt to explain a distasteful video linked to his business You Tube account depicting a young drunk woman crawling on her hands and knees.
He claimed he was first made aware of the video after the QT contacted him - despite it being uploaded more than 11 months ago.
Mr Duffy claimed in a story this week his social media accounts had been hacked.
He further claimed he had sent You Tube an email asking for the video to be removed after being alerted to its existence.
But he stopped short in levelling the blame at the QT.
The Queensland Times contacted Mr Duffy on Wednesday in an attempt to obtain a copy of the email he told 4BC listeners he sent to the social media giant.
He said he no longer speaks with the Queensland Times.
LISTEN TO GARY DUFFY AND MAYOR PAUL PISASALE ON 4BC HERE