Cop shares some of the best excuses people use

ROAD policing officers on the Fraser Coast pull over hundreds of drivers every month, with some of them coming up with some interesting excuses as to why they were breaking the law.

Maryborough Road Policing Unit Senior Constable Adrian Edge shared some of the more "creative" excuses he has heard while on the job: I really need to go to the toilet.

"We get this one a bit for people speeding, when we ask them why," Snr Const Edge said.

"It's probably the most common one (excuse) we hear."

"Some people will say they're not used to the way the car runs, or how the speedo sits," he said.

"If someone's on their phone sometimes they say they'll be talking to their work."

Snr Const Edge said 90% of the people he pulled over were polite and honest, and he hardly listened to the other 10%.

"Most of them (drivers) understand they've done the wrong thing and are pretty good about it," Snr Const Edge said.

"And I don't really listen to the rest."



REVEALED: Hervey Bay renters struggle to pay bills

premium_icon REVEALED: Hervey Bay renters struggle to pay bills

Maryborough has just escaped being deemed a housing stress area.

STORY OF: Ted Seaton, speedway star's life on and off track

premium_icon STORY OF: Ted Seaton, speedway star's life on and off track

Every time Ted Seaton closes his eyes, he's still at the Speedway

Grey nomad effect sweeps into Hervey Bay shops

premium_icon Grey nomad effect sweeps into Hervey Bay shops

Hundreds of travellers are bringing economic activity back to town

Local Partners